Wednesday 19 September 2012

Makeup Favorites

Chanel Vitalumiére Aqua foundation: I love the second skin effect that this foundation gives. I have some redness in my cheeks and around my nose, and this is just enough to cover that up. Although if you’re looking for something with a high coverage this might not work for you. Basically, what it does is that it makes you look like you have no makeup on, like your skin but healthier, I love that. And it’s not just the way it looks, but the way it feels; it’s beautiful. It smells really good and it blends perfectly, whether you apply it with your fingers or a brush. I have to say it’s not matifying at all; it’s radiant and glowy. On me it last about 8 hours, and I only have to take the shine away from my t-zone with a couple of blotting papers. Perfect for spring - summer days. I heard Mat Lumiére foundation is much better for my skin type. Gonna have to try that out.
Dior skin Nude Natural Glow foundation powder: I usually wear this as a setting powder after my foundation, but I found out that it works a lot better on its own, as a powder foundation. When I finish applying it, it looks kind of light for me, but then it kind of adapts to my skin tone perfectly and it looks AMAZING. It also has SPF 15, which is great too, and it lasts all day, even in my combination-oily skin. Now, there’s one thing that’s very important to mention here: maybe it’s just me, I don’t know, but when I use it as a foundation it kind of burns a little, like if I had put on some mint product on my face. The freshness goes after a few minutes but that might be because I have extremely sensitive skin and it contains mineralized water. You get only 8 gr of product for about $45 usd. Probably won’t repurchase soon, but I’m glad I have it now.

MAC blot powder pressed: This is a must-have for me. I carry this everywhere. I love it because it’s a blotting powder; nothing more. It doesn’t had any color to your face, and it’s very light-weight, so it doesn’t make you look powdery at all. It’s perfect for touch ups and setting your makeup, and I think the price is ok (about $25 usd). The only thing I don’t like about it is the tassel that comes with it; I apply this with a brush, like the Real Techniques multitask brush or my Dior flat powder brush.
Urban Decay Naked2 eye shadow palette: I’m sure you’ve read about this one all over the internet. Almost every girl has it, and this is actually a recent purchase for me (got it from Beauty Bay). Now, I’m not an eyeshadow junkie, but this palette is great to create natural looks and also very subtle or dramatic smoky eyes. Hope it’s never discontinued because I’m already in love with it. The package is pretty, the mirror is huge, and the colors are highly pigmented; great quality eyeshadows.
L’Oreal Telescopic waterproof mascara: The only mascara I wear besides this one is Mac False Lashes mascara, which had been my favorite since the beginning of the year. I have a big problem finding a right mascara for me because my lashes are way too long; whenever I want to wear something natural, it always ends up looking too dramatic. But after I read about L’Oreal Telescopic on my favorite beauty blogger’s blog, Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup, I decided to give this one a try. When I opened the tube and took the brush out I was like “oh god, what is this?” I HATED plastic brushes. But after I applied it I was so delighted with the effect it gives; nothing dramatic or to exaggerated, and the curl of my lashes lasts all day; I can take a nap, take a shower and my lashes still look stunning. I’m definitely repurchasing this over and over againJ.
Nars blush in Dolce Vita: I love this blush color. I’ve seen it worn on fair, medium and dark skins, and in all of them it looks amazing. It gives a different effect depending on the brush you use. I think Nars blushes are very pigmented, so you have to be careful when you apply it so you don’t look like a clown (happened to me a few times). I was using a Sephora angled blush brush to apply it, but I had to be extremely careful when I took the product with the brush. Lately I’ve been using the Real Techniques multitask brush and it’s just perfect for it; it gives a very subtle effect, just the way I like it. I left my Sephora brush to apply my contouring powder or lighter blushes.
Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color in Italian Rose: This is the lipstick I wear when I don’t know what to wear. It’s so beautiful, in any skin color I think. When I was trying this out at Dillard’s, the lady told me: “This is our best-seller; it gives the effect like after you eat an ice-pop.” And it does, it’s so natural-looking (like a brown-based pink to me). It’s almost like a lip gloss but better. Also it’s very hydrating. Beautiful color.
So, what are your makeup favorites? Share! :D xx

Follow me on twitter & Instagram: @marianikool


No comments:

Post a Comment